Front driver side Brake locking up

Making the wheels go around and how to stop them.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

SHAUN
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Front driver side Brake locking up

Post by SHAUN » Tue Apr 5th, 2011 2:33

Hi I am at my wits end, My Brake system has been completely rebuilt with all new parts and silicon Fluid. but the front drivers side hangs up when you apply the brake, it does release but after a short delay when you take you foot off, it seems the fluid cant return fast enough , if am release the pressure with the bleed screw the brake will release. Whilst this is great for hill starts, It is not so good at stop lights. all the other brakes are fine I have tried adjusting, and rebuilt the new wheel cylinders, on this side twice, any help would be great

194950dj
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: Front driver side Brake locking up

Post by 194950dj » Tue Apr 5th, 2011 3:28

was master cylinder replaced,new?
rebuilt?. if rebuilt check the small openings inside of cyl. one is probably blocked preventing fluid return from wheel cyls.. they may be all slow returning but front wheel is adjusted the tightest.
second possibility, blocked brake line. you can have up to 600lb. with pedal pushed but only have spring pressure to return fluid. try loosening up line at m.c. to front, brake release? if so replace line. if not, try loosening line at frame from rubber line to wheel. if releases, replace rubber line. next would be at front wheel cyls.

good luck,
you'll find it.
doug
:?

SHAUN
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: Front driver side Brake locking up

Post by SHAUN » Tue Apr 5th, 2011 7:27

Hi thanks for the reply, yes the master cly is new as is all the metal pipes, hoses, ect I am beginning to think that it is maybe the flex hose is someway defective ie restricted, I will keep on looking and let you know thanks Shaun