more work done on the 49

From Antifreeze to Radiator Cap.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

kyleboulet
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

more work done on the 49

Post by kyleboulet » Sat Oct 30th, 2010 12:57

Today me and my Dad cleaned up the garage a bit and then rolled the frame out and sanded the back half down and primed it. I cant wait to get her running and back together but still a lot of things on the check list. Does any one know if they make a 6 volt fan? I'm afraid of over heating and want to put a electric fan in. Thanks in advanced

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: more work done on the 49

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Oct 31st, 2010 5:55

I do believe you can still find a 6-volt fan .... at least I can recall reading a thread about their existence not too long ago. However, for "insurance" on overheating issues your best bets are to have the block completely cleaned (easiest if you are rebuilding the engine of course), make sure the water distribution tube is in good condition and properly installed, have a good water pump, and your radiator has been cleaned and is working right. The fan would be added insurance BUT is not a good or sufficient substitute for any/all of the other pieces I mention.

kyleboulet
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: more work done on the 49

Post by kyleboulet » Sun Oct 31st, 2010 12:49

Were not doing a block tear down this year but we are getting a new water pump and prob getting the radiator checked. I think it was checked in 1991 last time it was on the road. there was yellow crayon on it and it said checked "91" 89% i believe it read. Thanks for the info