Great site

Have a comment about the message board or want to suggest a new topic category?

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

frederick
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Re: Great site

Post by frederick » Mon Aug 31st, 2009 5:54

Johnny - Now that is what I call a field car! Most of the field cars we had on the farm were simply old cars that had the misfortune of coming into the possession of one of my brothers and having its fenders, doors, and front clip removed. You guys were getting quite sophisticated with your welder and torch. My dad did have a few "home made" tractors. As you may know, you can make a pretty useful tractor out of a car when you add a transmission behind the stock one, and swap out the rear end with one from a large truck. Not very fast, but with no fenders or roof it could certainly get interesting when the tires would fling the contents of a cow pie high into the air.

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Aug 31st, 2009 7:12

I've caught one or two of those cow pies before ..... generally right in the middle of something important .... face, stomach .... other!

frederick
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by frederick » Sat Feb 6th, 2016 1:46

Oops - stepped away for a minute. As I was saying, it's not as easy as it used to be to come up with a good field car. The cheap beaters are all front wheel drive these days. My son came up with a beater Miata that seems like it would be a good candidate, but it bottoms out all the time - especially through the woods. Still the best use I ever saw for a Miata!
Ed