installing Mopar antenea

Ashtrays, Buttons, Clocks, Knobs, Radios, Wipers, etc.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

p18plywood
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Station_Wagon

installing Mopar antenea

Post by p18plywood » Wed Sep 5th, 2007 1:35

Hi guys:
I have an 803 radio and the stock Mopar antenea for my 49 P18 wagon. The antenea is installed in the left fender, but I don't know where to drill through the firewall for a dealer like installation. Does anyone have a copy of the original installation instructions, or does your car have a factory/dealer installed radio, so you could tell me where to drill. They probably also used a rubber grommet on the cable to insulate where it goes through the metal.
Gerry

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Wed Sep 5th, 2007 10:41

Gerry, I've got a stock 803 in one of my P18's. How soon do you need the info? I'm leaving at zero dark 30 tomorrow morning and will be gone until next Weds.....is that too late? I do not have the original instructions. I could take photos and measurements. John

p18plywood
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Station_Wagon

radio cable installation

Post by p18plywood » Thu Sep 6th, 2007 8:07

Hi:
I'm in no rush. Right now I'm prefitting everything in the car. That is to say I'm drilling, fitting, every piece of wood, sheet metal and hardware before I disassemble it for paint and varnish. I've got a lot of other stuff to do. Whenever you get to it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gerry