preacherman needs to sell my 1949 Special Deluxe

Post here for the Cars you have for sale!

Moderator: Specialdeluxe

preacherman
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

preacherman needs to sell my 1949 Special Deluxe

Post by preacherman » Fri Dec 9th, 2011 6:52

Preacherman here!
Sadly I've had to leave my pastorate & the city where I was here in California. Last year I found a 1949 Plynouth Special Deluxe in the back yard of a local person. It was their mother's car & both these folks are in their 80's. So, one owner until me & only 63,000 orginal miles. The only problem was they parked it 35 years ago. As we pulled it home we had to use the compression of the engine to stop it for it had no brakes. It was pretty awesome really! The tires were flat & had rotted out in several places, but the tubes still held air. (Pretty good testimony for Sears intertubes)
I had been looking for an old car for a long time. My feeling was if I could get it cheap enough I could afford it & because it was old I could work on it. I found out I had forgotten more than I ever knew about working on cars, but between manuals & help from the hot rod kid next door I made pretty good progess.
The car is a four door Special Deluxe made in California. I looked it up & there were only about 51,000 made back then here. It's a six cyl. three speed stick shift. Only a little surface rust for it's been in the desert all this time. Some body damage on front fenders & a little on the back fender passenger side. Needs paint of course. Nothing stock missing except one hubcap.
All that said because I had to move into a condo & leave the town I was in (Ridgecrest) I now have no regular income & I have no place to work on it. So, I have to sell it. Below is as list of what I've done so far:

Replaced entire wiring harness
Put on a new set of B.F. Goodrich tires(old style white walls)
Rebuild seats & covered them a gray/maroon flake with tuck & roll down the middle of each seat
Also covered the arm rest to match the seats
Rebuilt wheel cyl.--
Rebuild master cyl--
Changed all the fluids except rear end
Changed plugs & wires(have new points but the ones in the car looked new)
Rebuilt the carb.
Took the gas tank off & cleaned it out
Had new keys made

The car is in the Southern/Central California area. Price FOB location: $6995.00 My name is Jim Lamb & I can be reached at (916)715-2055 or preacherman95355@yahoo.com