New Car

Introduce yourself and your Plymouth here.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Excoachbauer
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Club_Coupe

New Car

Post by Excoachbauer » Wed Aug 30th, 2006 11:22

I found another car a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't pass it up. It's a 1950 4door Special Deluxe with 63,000 original miles on it. I am the third owner and it has only had 227 miles put on it since 1986. I drove it the 55 miles home and it didn't give me any problems. I discovered once I got it up in the air that the lower rear freeze plug was starting to seep through so I knocked them out for replacement. Good thing too as the block was pretty sludged up in the water jackets. I also pulled the front drums off and found that it had just started to touch the rivets on the pass side so I am converting to disc brakes using Charlie Akers kit. I hope to have that done by early next week so I can start driving it a bit. The interior is all there but the seats need recovering and the door panels and headliner are pretty brittle. The dash is in great shape though, woodgrain looks awesome for 56 years old. I am going to keep this a driver for now and keep as reference car for my 49 to aid in it's reassembly. I guess you can't have just one. :lol:
My Fleet: 49 Ply 2Dr Spec Del, 64 Crew Cab W200, 65 Dodge 880 Custom, 70 D200, 71 Ply Duster, 82 New Yorker, 85 D100, 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee(wife's),non-mopar:70 Triumph Bonneville; 03 Speedmaster

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by Johnny_S » Sat Mar 10th, 2007 8:38

Sounds like a great car...did you get the disc brake kit from Charlie installed? Are you back on the road?

loisebond23
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_2dr_Sedan

Re: New Car

Post by loisebond23 » Mon May 7th, 2018 2:05

Hello,

I am going to buy a new car for my dad on his 55th birhtday, So, please suggest me some models.??