New member & owner of 1950 Plymouth deluxe 2dr sedan

Introduce yourself and your Plymouth here.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fast Eddie
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_2dr_Sedan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New member & owner of 1950 Plymouth deluxe 2dr sedan

Post by Fast Eddie » Sun Nov 28th, 2010 12:52

Hello I am very proud of this find and am doing a body off restoration. Does anybody know what the moulding is called that acts as a gasket between the front fender and body and also doubles as weather striping at front of front door. it is flat between the fender and body and is round with metal tabs that screw into the door opening on body. I amwilling to enclose picture of both this moulding and the car as soon as I figure out how to do this...........thanks in advance for your help

Terra1936
Flathead Fixer
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New member & owner of 1950 Plymouth deluxe 2dr sedan

Post by Terra1936 » Sun Nov 28th, 2010 3:58

Welcome to the site. Please post a photo and make sure it is apples to apples. Steele Rubber Supply may have a conversion?
Good luck on your project!

dsweidman
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Post by dsweidman » Mon Nov 29th, 2010 5:29

Steel rubber Products does make a reproduction. Part#40-0340-73. "Weatherstrip, door, body hinge pillar to front quarter panel."
However, very expensive. $150. per pair.

https://secure.steelerubber.com/homeframes.html

Fast Eddie
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by Fast Eddie » Tue Nov 30th, 2010 11:37

D.Scott Thank you very much for info, By the way hav'nt found much that isnt "expensive"!! How does a person upload photos??? :?

Specialdeluxe
Administrator
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by Specialdeluxe » Tue Nov 30th, 2010 7:41

Fast Eddie wrote:How does a person upload photos??? :?
When you post, scroll down under the post window. You will see a section called "Upload Attachment".

Good going in your Plymouth! :driving:

Paul Schettner
'49plymouth.com - Webmaster

Fast Eddie
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by Fast Eddie » Wed Dec 1st, 2010 8:41

Oh I see...thanks for the pic posting info.. Has anybody had there car dipped?? Have heard pros and cons, I am leaning toward that direction but willing to here sides of this procedure.
Attachments
Plymouth 003.jpg
Plymouth 003.jpg (999.57 KiB) Viewed 2573 times