Rechromeing

Post here for Products and Vendor announcements, questions and reviews.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

sweetdeal49
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Rechromeing

Post by sweetdeal49 » Thu Feb 11th, 2010 9:23

Does any one know any reasonable rechroming shops in the midwest?

Johnny_S
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: Rechromeing

Post by Johnny_S » Thu Feb 11th, 2010 10:35

I don't think that the words "reasonable" and "rechroming" may be used in the same sentence these days. Probably due to the fact that both are 10 letter words starting with "re". If sort of like .... "quick, cheap, or good" .... you can only "have" two of them at a time.

dsweidman
Deluxe Member

Post by dsweidman » Sat Feb 13th, 2010 4:05

I currently have a couple of items at a shop in Chillicothe, Ohio. I won't receive my items until mid March, however, I am fairly confident they will do a good job. The place is called "Super Fine Shine" and here is their website http://www.superfineshine.com/.

Phil is a great guy to talk to and he eased my mind about the horror stories of re-chroming. He gave me an estimate over the phone after I sent a couple of photos. Once he received them, he called me and firmed up the price.

I'll post the results here in a few weeks.
Last edited by dsweidman on Sat Feb 13th, 2010 8:39, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sat Feb 13th, 2010 4:28

What parts are you having him work on Scott?

dsweidman
Deluxe Member

Post by dsweidman » Sat Feb 13th, 2010 8:34

I decided to send the trunk hinges as a measure of preservation. They were a little rough...nothing too bad but I know left unchecked, the pitting might get to the point of no return. I wrestled with the idea for quite some time because I wanted to keep everything as original as possible. Of all the britework on the car, the hinges were the weak spot. I just hope they don't look out of place after re-chroming. I didn't want a concours quality job, but something durable and nice to use. He called it driver quality which sounded pretty good to me.

I guess we'll see...Let's just hope nothing gets lost in shipping.

dsweidman
Deluxe Member

Post by dsweidman » Fri Apr 16th, 2010 6:38

Well, my trunk hinges arrived from the chrome shop. I gotta say, they really look nice. If you have a little anxiety about re-chroming, well, I can reccommend "Super Fine Shine" of Ohio. The chrome shop is located in Chilicothe, OH. Phil runs the place and he is really a top notch guy.
Very professional. Here is a link to the website. http://www.superfineshine.com/

I posted some before and after pictures. However, new chrome is very hard to photograph with any success. The pictures do not do justice to the outstanding job of re-chrome. Anyway, if you've been considering re-chrome, Phil is the guy to see.

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Fri Apr 16th, 2010 6:54

Looks great Scott .... what was your turn-around time?