Wide Whites

Post here for Products and Vendor announcements, questions and reviews.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Terra1936
Flathead Fixer
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Wide Whites

Post by Terra1936 » Tue Jun 1st, 2010 9:54

I did not see an area for tires. So, This is the first set of nice(New) wide whites. I have cleaned them and some of the white residue is on the black part of the tire. Can you use armour all on white walls. I have not checked their web site. or? i want the black to look black and the white to look white. Any real world advise on whites would be helpful.

dsweidman
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: Wide Whites

Post by dsweidman » Wed Jun 2nd, 2010 6:38

I would not use Armour All because it could run onto your tread a that can be slippery. It also could get "slung" onto your paint when driving.
I've always cleaned mine with a stiff brush and soapy water. Just scrub. The white residue should come off.

There are products available made to keep the black portion of your tire clean and black and others for the white wall. But I have not used them. A good cleaning works for me.

Terra1936
Flathead Fixer

Post by Terra1936 » Sat Jun 19th, 2010 2:57

This is an update. I have been scrubbing my Wide Whites and making them sparkle. To enhance the black I am using a foam on tire cleaner and just following the directions. They have a wet look and seem to stay cleaner. I have put about 7 trips and close to 300 miles with two cleanings. Just FYI. I will list the products as soon as I can remember to write them down. Where am i?

Specialdeluxe
Administrator

Post by Specialdeluxe » Wed Dec 1st, 2010 7:34

I use Bleche-White to clean the white walls: http://www.westleys.com/ I've seen a lot of folks use Armour All on their tires, especially at car shows.

Good going in your Plymouth! :driving:

Paul Schettner
'49plymouth.com - Webmaster