shop manuals on CD

Post here for Products and Vendor announcements, questions and reviews.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

frederick
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

shop manuals on CD

Post by frederick » Thu Jan 6th, 2005 10:21

Anyone ever buy a shop manual or service manual on CD? There are a number of companies offering them, and it appears that they have actually scanned the manufacturers' manuals. I would be interested to know if anyone has used these CD's and how user friendly they have been found to be.

Excoachbauer
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_Club_Coupe

Re: shop manuals on CD

Post by Excoachbauer » Sat Jan 8th, 2005 3:43

Hi Frederick,

I have a couple of shop manuals on CD. I have one for my 64 Crew Cab Power Wagon and one for my 59 CJ-5. The biggest help they provide is peace of mind knowing that you can just print out another page if you get it all greasy or torn up out in the shop. They are the original manuals scanned in (at least mine are) and some of the manuals weren't that great to begin with. I couldn't read the fine print on a wiring diagram that I needed to see but I could tell that it was the original printing and not the quality of scan. Hope that helps.

Dan
My Fleet: 49 Ply 2Dr Spec Del, 64 Crew Cab W200, 65 Dodge 880 Custom, 70 D200, 71 Ply Duster, 82 New Yorker, 85 D100, 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee(wife's),non-mopar:70 Triumph Bonneville; 03 Speedmaster

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by Root Beer Stand » Mon Jul 21st, 2008 3:53

Yep! got one on the mail last week off ebay!
Think with shipping it was like $35
PDF format, free download for Abobe Acrobat to view, quality great and has everything the dealer's shop got in 49.
Not found anything not there and have looked at it a lot.
The company says they are licensed to reproduce and sell these through Chrysler and I believe with over 4000 sales they must be legit.
Can give you the name on ebay if you want

RBS