Dual Chamber Fuel Pump Heat Shield Photos

Post here if your question or comment doesn't fit a topic below.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

FirstP18
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_Club_Coupe

Dual Chamber Fuel Pump Heat Shield Photos

Post by FirstP18 » Fri Feb 17th, 2012 10:31

I am looking for some good quality photos of the heat shield that covers the dual stage (Vac and pump), fuel pump assembly to protect it from the exhaust manifold heat. My car has a NORS single pump on it and I recently found that while driving in the rain that it would be good to have that extra vacuum supply when getting into the throttle so I am installing a dual pump on my car. I have tried looking for a heat shield but the ones I have found are in such poor condition that I could not get adequate measurements and photos to figure out how to make my own. Therefore, if you have one in decent shape that I may use for modeling to build my own, please let me know. Ultimately I need some good quality photos from multiple angles and all sides of the part taken next to a builder's square as a measurement reference. From that I can likely figure out how to build my own part. Any and all photos of the attaching hardware with similar measurements would also be appreciated. Thanks to any and all for any and all assistance you can provide.

Plymouth Builds Great Cars! Long live the P17-P20s!

dsweidman
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: No_Plymouth

Re: Dual Chamber Fuel Pump Heat Shield Photos

Post by dsweidman » Sun Feb 19th, 2012 2:35

TAYLOR ENTERPRISES

Paul Taylor offers reproduction parts. I believe he makes the shields you are looking for.

You can contact him at P.O Box 618, Arroyo Grande, CA--93421

FirstP18
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by FirstP18 » Sun Feb 19th, 2012 9:35

Thanks Scott. I have drafted a letter requesting additional information and am mailing it out to him tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Sun Mar 4th, 2012 6:53

Have you made progress on this one? I think I have one laying around that I could photograph for you.

FirstP18
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by FirstP18 » Sat Mar 17th, 2012 11:53

No, I wrote him a letter but have not heard a response back yet.

If you are willing and able to get me some photos, that would be great.

Or if you know where I can get one, even better.

Thanks any assistance you can provide.

bmw2002e3
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by bmw2002e3 » Mon Jan 14th, 2013 11:07

FirstP18 wrote:I am looking for some good quality photos of the heat shield that covers the dual stage (Vac and pump), fuel pump assembly to protect it from the exhaust manifold heat. !
Where did you find the Dual pump? I have ideas to use a vacuum pump from a 2003 BMW 7 series, but I need to modify it and find a pulley to work with the flathead, plus it will look so out of place. Are there Dual pumps still available, or are they going to be NOS bits?

Johnny_S

Post by Johnny_S » Mon Jan 14th, 2013 11:35

I've got one .... would need to be rebuilt. They come up occasionally on eBay. Run about $50 plus shipping plus rebuild .... which is about $125 more at last check some time ago. I'd send you one for $25 plus shipping.

194950dj
Tire Kicker
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan

Post by 194950dj » Mon Jan 14th, 2013 6:27

Johnny_S wrote:I've got one .... would need to be rebuilt. They come up occasionally on eBay. Run about $50 plus shipping plus rebuild .... which is about $125 more at last check some time ago. I'd send you one for $25 plus shipping.
Price is reasonable considering i paid about 50-60 each + shipping on ebay and neither worked. Rebuilts, but OLD rebuilts.
Kantor auto parts sells new rebuilts for about $160 + $60+ if no core.
I think Roberts auto parts also sells these, maybe some other old mopar parts places. OLD MOPAR was the cheapest if my OLD memory serves me?? All places mentioned do have web sites.
Check them out and maybe buy johnny's as the core??

I finally just stole the new electric conversion from my other stalled 50 ply. waqon project because i couldn't afford to buy anymore vac. fuel pumps. It is way more work to change to electric wipers than install a vac./fuel pump!

Best to ya,
Doug

FirstP18
Hey! I'm new here.

Post by FirstP18 » Mon Jan 14th, 2013 7:03

bmw2002e3 wrote:
FirstP18 wrote:I am looking for some good quality photos of the heat shield that covers the dual stage (Vac and pump), fuel pump assembly to protect it from the exhaust manifold heat. !
Where did you find the Dual pump? I have ideas to use a vacuum pump from a 2003 BMW 7 series, but I need to modify it and find a pulley to work with the flathead, plus it will look so out of place. Are there Dual pumps still available, or are they going to be NOS bits?

ronaldsi
Hey! I'm new here.
Plymouth: Deluxe_2dr_Sedan

Post by ronaldsi » Mon Feb 4th, 2013 3:05

Thanks Scott. I have drafted a letter requesting additional information and am mailing it out to him tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.