49 special D and 51 dodge Coronet parts interchange

Post here if your question or comment doesn't fit a topic below.

Moderators: Specialdeluxe, Johnny_S

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
Plymouth: Special_Deluxe_4dr_Sedan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

49 special D and 51 dodge Coronet parts interchange

Post by Root Beer Stand » Mon Jul 21st, 2008 5:53

a friend had a 50 or 51 coronet (I have it wrote down) he didn't have time to work on and the city was on him for junk cars.

He drove it to the scrap yard last week and got $551 for it......
65K, body is rough but intact, interior pretty much gone........

It appears to be sound mechanically. good glass and has a real nice heater duct which I need now.

Also I need a charging system and other tid bits as spares.

My question is will most of the drive train and electrical parts interchange?

What about the glass?

I can buy it for $750 and return some to the yard for a refund or buy the stuff I need now that are easy to get and let it get smashed.

RBS

Specialdeluxe
Administrator

Post by Specialdeluxe » Mon Jul 21st, 2008 3:36

I just posted these interchange sheets:

http://www.49plymouth.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=741

Those should give you a good idea of what you can use.

Good going in your Plymouth! :driving:

Paul Schettner
'49plymouth.com - Webmaster

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Root Beer Stand » Mon Jul 21st, 2008 5:21

Where do you find this information :) ?

RBS

Specialdeluxe
Administrator

Post by Specialdeluxe » Mon Jul 21st, 2008 6:34

Root Beer Stand wrote:Where do you find this information :) ?

RBS

The interchange sheets were from an issue of the Plymouth Owners Club Bulletin, but it is pretty much the same info out of the Hollander interchange manuals. You can find the interchange manuals on Ebay or from the Hollander web site. The one you'd want is the 23rd edition or the Classic Edition II https://www.hollanderinterchange.net/ca ... dc1bea7b6d

Paul Schettner

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member

Post by Root Beer Stand » Wed Jul 23rd, 2008 6:06

Na na na!

Went to the yard today...........pulled off the gererator and regulator, heat duct (perfect except about 4" to long but easy the cut), the carb, had the heater fan out but was no good, the sending unit for the fuel gauge, a couple window cranks, the ram hood ornimant (just cool!), a 6V signal flasher and an assuming dead generator out of the trunk for parts.

25 cents a pound as scrap!!! :D

Now, as we speak with the help of a friend I have a working charging system, fuel gauge and flasing turn signals.......Soon a heater duct installed for the P18!

May go back tomorrow shopping, there were 2 brake drums in the trunk that looked good but forgot them..

RBS

Specialdeluxe
Administrator

Post by Specialdeluxe » Mon Sep 22nd, 2008 9:15

Root Beer Stand wrote:Na na na!

Went to the yard today...........pulled off the gererator and regulator, heat duct (perfect except about 4" to long but easy the cut), the carb, had the heater fan out but was no good, the sending unit for the fuel gauge, a couple window cranks, the ram hood ornimant (just cool!), a 6V signal flasher and an assuming dead generator out of the trunk for parts.

25 cents a pound as scrap!!! :D

Now, as we speak with the help of a friend I have a working charging system, fuel gauge and flasing turn signals.......Soon a heater duct installed for the P18!

May go back tomorrow shopping, there were 2 brake drums in the trunk that looked good but forgot them..

RBS
Nice score. Grab those brake drums! Napa has the rebuilt kit for the carb. Inexpensive and a fun project. Not much to it. Generators, starters and regulators can be rebuilt for not much money too.

So where is this yard? Pictures?

Paul Schettner

Root Beer Stand
Deluxe Member

Post by Root Beer Stand » Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 4:54

It is a scrap yard in Bellefontaine Oh.
May be smashed by now. lot of $$ setting in iron and steel.